3-D Shapes

I am loving the Ohio weather this weekend.  We all needed a little sun, huh?  I just hope it sticks... I can't do anymore snow.  We have our field trip to the zoo on March 19th so I'm hoping these nice temps and sunny skies will return for us.  :)  But... it's Ohio.  It changes hourly. ;)

Source: /www.creaturecomfortsblog.com/

Anywho...

We're moving onto three-dimensional shapes in Math.  I'm really happy because I think my math smarties were tired of two-dimensional shapes.  I'm thinking 3-D will provide us with the challenge that we need.  :)

I whipped up a fun "Find and Graph" activity for 2-D and 3-D shapes.  It's perfect because it will keep our graphing skills sharp while working on our shape identification skills, too! 

There are three graphing activities.  One is only 2-D shapes, the second is only 3-D shapes, and the third has a mix of the two.  Also, because our first grade learners are all over the place with their reading skills, I decided to make two different types of graphs.  The first graph has the shape pictures and the second has only shape names.   Although I'd love to think that all of my first graders can read the shape names, that's just not realistic.  But, maybe after a week or so of 3-D shapes they'll all be able to read them?!  Fingers crossed!

Click on the picture to check it out! 


Have a wonderful, hopefully sunny Sunday!

No comments