Weekend Warriors 3-2-1 Teacher Bio!

I'm linking up with the Weekend Warriors for a super fun linky!  Join so we can learn more about you!

Here we go!

1 -  Not only do a set high expectations, I'm VERY clear with my expectations.  They know what is expected of them at all times.  I set the bar high and they always push themselves to reach it!

2 - My FAVORITE students are always the "troublemakers" that the other teachers don't want.  I love getting to know them and figuring them out.  I'm super strict with behavior, expectations, rules, routines (all that fun stuff), so they usually end up having a fantastic year!

3 - I can't think with mess.  I love everything neat, orderly, and organized.  If my desk piles up (which happens sometimes...), I find it hard to concentrate and get other things done.  Oddly enough, my classroom closet usually ends up being a disaster zone by the end of the year.  Maybe I don't care as much because I can just shut the door and pretend it doesn't exist?  Who knows!


1 - Tobey is my world!  Like I talked about a few blog posts before, I was married and we struggled to have children.  So, for the past 6 years, Tobey has been my child.  A lot of people just can't understand that (especially if they have children).  But, wanting a child for so long (and not being able to have one) made me appreciate my little furbaby so much more! He's my furry angel!


2 -  I love being up early and getting everywhere early.  I like to get my grocery shopping done at 7 am (with the old guys who just run in for a newspaper).  If I go grocery shopping later, I have to deal with people, crowds, lines, carts in the middle of the aisle.  Drives me insane! ;) I am ALWAYS early.  If I'm just 10 minutes early, I fear that I'm late.  Is that weird?


I am reallllllly wanting a vacation.  I've seen so many people going on vacations and posting pictures on Facebook and Instagram.  I'm jealous.   At this point, I'll take any vacation.... but, I would LOVE to go on a long vacation.....somewhere tropical, sandy, and sunny!  Ahhhh....dreams! :)

Ok, now it's your turn!  Grab the pics below and link up!




9 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up with us for Weekend Warriors, Janet! I couldn't agree more, I love for everything to be neat and tidy! Clutter is my worst enemy. Having a super small classroom kind of forces me to be on top of that, I suppose. ;) Your Tobey is so cute! I'd gladly take a tropical vacation too! I keep telling my husband we should just move somewhere tropical and call it a day. Haha! I enjoyed reading about you!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Moving somewhere tropical sounds like such a great idea! :) Thanks for stopping by and checking out my bio!

      Delete
  2. Hi Janet! You had me laughing hysterically because my work room becomes a hot mess after January so I love shutting the door and not worrying about it!
    Thanks so much for joining our Weekend Warriors linky! We hope to have you back again next month!
    Happy Summer,
    Mrs. DiBenedetto's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easiest just to shut the door and pretend it doesn't exist! :) Thanks for stopping by and checking out my bio!

      Delete
  3. Janet, I can definitely relate when you said you are an extreme early bird! I am exactly the same way. It makes me nervous to be running late. I'm usually the first one to arrive at school in the morning. I love the quiet time to do my planning and organize my day. Plus, I can hog the copier and there is never a line. :) Your dream of a tropical vacation sounds wonderful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I get nervous when I'm running late, too! I even get nervous when I'm just a few minutes early....because I like to be really early! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Tobey is such a cutie! I lived with my in-laws for several years and got a puppy during that time. We all love him like a person, so I completely understand. Thanks for linking up with the WW!

    The Super Sparkly Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and reading my bio! :)

      Delete
  5. I also love everything to be neat and organized. I have a hard time leaving my classroom if everything isn't put away and in its spot! Also, your dog is adorable!!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete