Liebster Blog Award!


Wowzas!  I got a sweet comment from Michele at Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans telling me that she nominated me for an award.  :)  Awesome!  To be honest, I had never heard for a Liebster Blog Award.. but after a quick google search, I know a little about it!

From what I read, "liebster" means "favorite" in German.  This award is for a "favorite" blog that is up and coming (one that has less than 200 followers).  Yay!

Here are the rules:
1.  You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2.  Answer the questions that the nominator created for you.
3.  Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4.  Choose 11 blogs you love that have less than 200 followers and link them to  your post.
5.  No tag back... leave a comment on THIS post with the URL of the Liebster so I can learn more about you!

Here are my random facts:
1.  My favorite thing to drink *hands-down* is club soda.  Yum!
2.  I over think and analyze everything (to a fault).
3.  I'm a little shy around people my age but I'm super silly (and not at all shy) with my students.
4.  I LOVE my dog Tobey.  Love. Love. Love.
5.  I buy Tobey something every time I go grocery shopping or go to Target because I love when he searches through the bags for it. :)
6.  I can't control myself around chocolate (especially Snickers and Kit Kats)... if it's there, I'll eat it.
7.  I hate jeans.  Ew.  They are constricting, uncomfortable, and ew.
8.  I wear pj pants/yoga pants when I'm home... all the time.
9.  I don't like when heat is blowing right on me.  I also don't like warm places.. I'd rather be a little cool/chilly.
10.  Whenever I am supposed to be somewhere, I am there 10-15 minutes early (or more).  I don't like being late.
11.  I love sleeping and taking naps!

Here are my answers to Michele's questions!
1.  How did you pick your blog name? 
2 years ago, when I first discovered tons of cute teacher blogs, I read a bunch of posts where teachers called their first grade students "firsties".  I LOVED it.  So, when I was thinking of a title for my blog, I remembered that and thought that Mrs. D and firstie (kind of) rhyme.  :)

2.  What make you start writing a blog? 
I was in awe with all of the other cute blogs out there.  I loved getting information and resources from them.  I wanted to be able to do that, too.  I also wanted to advertise some of my TpT items!

3.  What is your favorite thing to do with your family? 
I like just spending time with them.  Whether we are eating a meal, just relaxing/talking, or playing games... I always have fun!

4.  Coke or Pepsi? 
I don't have a favorite.  I try to stay away from pop (unless I'm having a stressful day and need a little extra carbonation).  I really like seltzer water (club soda).  MMMM.

5.  Who is your favorite music group? 
I don't have a favorite.  I like a lot of musicians/singers.  I love everything from Michael Buble to Nicki Minaj. :)

6.  What would you purchase if you had an unlimited budget? 
I would buy everything from Scrappin Doodles.  I would also buy any and every background, frame, or font that I could find.  I am obsessed!  I'd also buy Doxie, iPad, and Cameo.  I wish.... ho hum. ;)

7. What is your favorite book to share with your students? 
I LOVE reading Skippyjon Jones to my students.  I also like reading The Great Fuzz Frenzy.  They are both so fun and cute for some extra reading time!

8. What household chore do you like the least? 
I hate emptying the dishwasher.  Yuck.  Even though it only takes a couple minutes (that's what my mom always tells me...), I hate it.  And, I hate doing dishes by hand.  It's a tie, I guess.

9.  What professional book or conference changed something about how you teach? 
Our school went to a 3-day Capturing Kid's Hearts training this past summer.  It not only changed me as a teacher but I use what we learned in my personal life, too.  There were some great life lessons learned, for sure.

10.  What is your favorite color? 
Yellow!  Not necessarily bright, sunshine yellow.. more of a soft, pale, buttery yellow.  Love!

11.  If you could eat lunch with a famous person, who would it be? 
Oh goodness, that's a good one.  I don't know.  Pass!  Nah, kidding.  I think I'd be happy to eat lunch with anyone famous.  :)

Oh, you are still reading?!  Thanks for hangin' in there!  Now, time for my 11 questions and my 11 nominations!

1.    What is your biggest accomplishment (blogging, teaching, or personal... anything!)
2.    How many years have you been teaching?
3.    What is your favorite content area to teach? Why?
4.    How do you spend your free-time?
5.    What are you afraid of?
6.    What is your favorite blog to read (educational or not)?
7.    What is your favorite TV show?
8.    What kind of car do you drive?
9.    If you won $1,000 to spend on your classroom, what would you buy?
10.  What is your favorite restaurant?
11.  What is your favorite scent/smell?

Here are the 11 blogs that I'm nominating!
1.  Reading With Mrs. D
2.  Diving into 2nd Grade
3.  An Apple a Day in First Grade
4.  Coconut Cutie's Classroom
5.  First Grade Connections
6.  Mrs. Richardson's Class
7.  Counseling Hearts
8.  Klassy Kinders
9.  My Crazy Life in Kinder
10.  Permanently Primary
11.  Lattes & Laughter

Thank you for making it to the end of this never-ending post.  I have a freebie for ya' since you stuck it out until the end!  Thank you!

We're going to be learning about adjectives soon so I whipped up this little activity.  Kids love to color, right?  That's just what they will do... color and describe!  Just click the picture to check it out!



Thanks for reading!

3 comments

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you had a chance to post! I love Skippyjon Jones!

    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Alyssha! And, thank you again Michele! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you have already been nominated, but I wanted you to know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, too! :)

    http://simplysecondgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete