Picture Books for Springtime

It is officially SPRING!   Spring Break is right around the corner for me.  Did you have your Spring Break yet?  If so, hopefully it was a nice relaxing, rejuvenating break!   

Spring, to me, signifies that the end of the school year is near.  Don't get me wrong - I love teaching and I love my job... but this year has been a doozy.  I'm ready for the sunshine, flowers, and the happiness that spring brings to get me to June!

Springtime is a magical time when flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and the animals are out and about - there is new life everywhere.  Today I'm sharing some of my favorite Springtime picture books.  I'm hoping they give you and your classroom that energized springtime boost that we all need right now! 

Fonts: PB Fonts (PBFrenchVanillaBold), AG Fonts (AGFluentinSarcasm)

Happy Springtime by Kate McMullen - After a long winter, everyone celebrates spring in this cute, colorful picture book. 

Bloom by Anne Booth - A man is upset when his flowers won't grow until a little girl teaches him about the importance of using kind words. This book teaches about kindness, impact of words, and emotions. 

Spring Stinks: A Little Bruce Book by Ryan T. Huggins - Bruce's friend Ruth the bunny can't wait to smell the smells of spring with Bruce.  But Bruce thinks spring stinks! 

Abracadabra, It's Spring! by Anne Sibley O'Brien  -  This book celebrates beautiful spring - trees and flowers blooming, birds hatching, butterflies fluttering.  

Kite Day by by Will Hillenbrand - Bear and Mole build a kite of their own - studying, collecting, measuring, and constructing - until their kite is flying high. 

Spring is Here by Will Hillenbrand - Another cute Bear and Mole story!  In this story, Mole is ready to experience spring but his friend Bear is still fast asleep from Winter.  Mole has to figure out how to wake Bear up so they can celebrate spring together. 


I hope you find these books enjoyable and you are able to fit them into your springtime lessons and activities.  If you're looking for some more spring activities, check out these Boom Cards or these free digital papers to create some colorful, bright resources of your own. 


What springtime picture books would you add to the list?

No comments