Oh... the ABC's!

I feel like I've become an ABC addict since I got my new little guy.   I don't remember ever having to do letter identification activities in first grade.  We do tons and tons of phonics and letter sound activities... but no identifying.

My new sweetie doesn't know his letters.  I go over the letters with him daily and he misses different ones each day.  I think he's just guessing,, and some days he's luckier than others   It's the same way with his numbers.  He has no clue.  :(

This is a whole new area for me - ABCs.  But, I have to tackle it!  So.. I made up some cute little letter identification activities for him to do.  Click the picture below if you're interested.



On a different note... I LOVE MY CLASS.  They are the sweetest class that I've ever had.  They are SO nice to each other.  If someone falls out of their chair (it happens all the time... does it happen a lot in your class?), so many of my students are genuinely concerned.

When someone holds the door, each and every single student in my class says "thank you" and the door holder responds with a "you're welcome" to ALL of them.  I stressed the "thank you" and "you're welcome" in the beginning of the year and they are still doing it.  I smile from ear to ear every time I hear it.

I just don't know how I was lucky enough to get 22 kind, happy kiddos.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments