Currently, Itches, and a Freebie!

I'm linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade to let you know what I'm currently up to!  Head on over to her blog to see what everyone else is up to, too! 

Let's talk a little about this amazing comfortable pullover sweatshirt.  I don't ever want to take it off....


It's so comfy.  I got the purple color but it's definitely not this bright... it's more of a plum.  I would definitely recommend it for someone who is looking for a comfortable yet nice-looking sweatshirt for the cooler months.  It's nice and fitted (like a sweater) but made in a soft sweatshirt material.  LOVE.

I'm really wanting more followers on my blog.  I keep looking back at the stats of my posts and I'm seeing that sometimes when I write a post, there isn't even 1 page view.  It's so sad... and a little discouraging.  Oh well.... if you're reading this, please follow me!  As for the bribery to get followers freebie.... keep reading!  It''s at the end of this MILE LONG post! :)

Lice... lice...lice.  We've been having a lice battle in my classroom.  One of my students has been sent home 3 times with the icky bugs.  When will it stop?!  She gets treated, has a good head check, and then BAM!  She has it again.  I know that it's because the rest of her house and things are probably loaded.  The poor girl.  :(   Whenever I hear the word lice, I start itching up a storm!  So... needless to say, I've been pretty neurotic about it the last couple of weeks.  What's worse than lice?  BED BUGS.  I'm just holding my breath waiting to hear that one of my student has bed bugs.  Yuckkkkk!

I got a new student last week!  Woooooo hooooo.  Our beautiful, quick transitions and routines are now time-consuming.  This poor little boy is very, very low.  He is on an IEP and one of his goals is to read and write the letters of the alphabet! I have more assessing to do but I can tell you that the poor guy has no idea what sound any of the letters make.  Yikes.  I looked at his file and read that he was "asked to leave" the school he attended in Kindergarten.  That can't be good, right?  He's already shown a little defiance (in his first two days...).  I'm very determined to teach this little guy as much as I possibly can though.

My newbie will be working with some Dolch pre-primer sight words.  Last year I had a student who suffered from memory loss and the school psychologist said that when things are colorful (not just the plain old while/black flashcard), it triggers different parts of the brain.  Those different parts of the brain (couldn't tell you which parts they are) help the child remember the word.  So, in an effort to help my newbie remember his words, I created this...


They are flashcards that the student can decorate and color!  Hopefully those "remembering" parts of his brain will be triggered and he can start learning some words!  Click the picture to grab your copy... and pretty please will you follow my blog (if you aren't already!)?

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower! I haven't heard of the pumpkin spice muffins, buy I did see pumpkin spice waffles, yummy! Thanks for the freebie. I am sure I can use this with my Kindergartners.

    Mrs.G's Kindergarten in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower of your blog! I found you through Farley's linky party. Lice is the worst, I always feel itchy when the topic arises. Good luck with the new student and new challenges you are facing. Also, thanks for the freebie!

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the freebie!

    Lice drives me crazy. One year it seems like the entire year we were dealing with it.

    ~Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete