Tell Me Something Good and Verbs!

I'm linking up with Jennifer at Rowdy in First Grade for her Tell Me Something Good linky.  Head on over to her blog to check it out!


Something Good at School:
I know I talk a lot about my newbie friend who struggles with learning and hearing.. but I just have to tell you something good about him!  He had two letters and three sight words to learn last week (we're starting him off slow..)... and he mastered the letter identification, letter sounds, and could read his 3 sight words!  This week, since he basically had all of that mastered on the 2nd day, we're giving him 3 letters and 5 words.  It might seem like a huge jump but I'm sure he can do it. :)

Something Good at Home:
There hasn't been anything super awesome happening around here lately.  I guess my "something good" is just that the house is clean, dinner is already cooked, and I'm able to sit and relax for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  That's something good, right?  :)

This week we're moving onto ACTION VERBS!  Yippeee!  I am going to be using my Action Verb activity to help my kiddos practice their verbs.  They'll be using the "It's a Verb/It's Not a Verb" activity first so we can really make sure we know what verbs are.  We'll eventually move on to finding verbs in sentences, writing our own verbs, and, of course, verb tenses.  If you are teaching about verbs and need some cute activities for your learners, check it out by clicking the picture below!


Now I'm off to lounge around on the couch with my handsome pup!  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments