Chatties and Landforms

This past week was CRAAAZY....

It was Red Ribbon Week.   We had a theme each day - which meant kids didn't have to wear their normal uniform all week.  One day was crazy socks, one day was a red shirt, and the other was dress down.  Is is possible that a pair of crazy socks can make the children extra chatty?!  I don't know what else to blame it on.  It's like they forgot the rules.  It must've been the socks. ;)  

It was probably the weather, too.  We had two absolutely beautiful days and then the others were chilly and rainy.  Rainy = indoor recess.  Yuck. 

Another thing that added to the craziness was our annual Family Fun Night. The teachers "host" an activity in the classroom and students come with their families to have some fun.  So, I was at school for 12 hours.   I taught my chatties all day and then plastered a smile on my face for the families and fun at night.  To be honest, it was really fun.  The first grade activity was to write about what you are thankful for.  The students and their families wrote it on a cute little leaf and then put it on our "Tree of Thanks" in the hallway. 

Yesterday was Records Day.  Thankfully, we only had to work for 6 hours (and there weren't any students!!).  We had time to work in our classrooms and finish our report cards.   I got SO much done.  I feel like I could use a Records Day every week.  :)

Anywho... we are learning about landforms in Social Studies so I whipped up this activity pack for my kiddos.  It has posters of different types of water and land on Earth.  It also has a matching game where the student can match the word to the picture.  And, lastly, it has 10 different pre-writing and writing activities where students can write about different types of land and water.  I'm really excited about the matching game and can't wait to print and laminate it up! Click on the picture if you are interested in checking it out! 


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments