100th Day Fun!


We had TONS of fun on our 100th day!  :)  Here are some of the things we did...
This was probably the best part of the whole day for my students.... our closet door.  They just wanted to keep walking under it.  :) 

Here is what their desks looked like.  :)  

In the morning, we made our 100th day gumball  machines.  I don't have a picture of our final product.. but, I will tell you that they look so cute hanging in the hallway!  

If you ever want to do this activity, here's a tip...
It was SO hard for my students to keep track of the number of gumballs they had painted.  So, we used a hundreds chart.   The student would make 10 dots of one color and move their block to the 10.  They continued making 10 dots and moving 10 until they were to 100.   It was SO much easier for them! 

We also counted out 100 Froot Loops by making groups of 10.  Once they had them all on their sorting mat, I came around and listened to them count to 100 by 10s.  :) 

Click on the video above to listen to one of my sweeties counting by 10s to 100. :)

We practiced our number identification skills by coloring in specific numbers to make a big 100.  All of the students did one at their desk while we also did one on the Promethean board.  

And, last but not least, we came up with 100 words.  My students really enjoyed this activity! 

I found the jackpot when I stumbled across Amanda's blog: Mrs. Terhune's First Grade.  I found so many of my fun ideas there.  She has lots of other great 100th Day ideas that I just couldn't get to.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment