Sight Words on Sale!

President's Day, how I love you.  I'm really enjoying the fact that I don't have to get up early for work tomorrow.  I don't know about you, but I still get up "early" on days off.  On work days, I'm up by 5.  On weekends and days off, I wake up at about 7.  I love being up before other people... and when I'm not, I feel like I'm just wasting my day.   What time do you get up on days off? 

So... I will NOT be wasting my day tomorrow.  I have a breakfast and Hobby Lobby date with my friend from work.  :) I've never been to Hobby Lobby but I'm so excited to go! 

Yesterday, I spent the day re-vamping some sight word activities that I use in my classroom.  We spend the first (almost) half of the year reviewing the pre-primer and primer lists because so many students come in not knowing those words.   Thankfully, we are just about wrapping up the first grade list now.  

I put all of the Dolch first grade words into groups of 5.  There are 41... always an odd number! So, the last list has 6 words instead of 5.  I made an activity for each day of the week and an assessment for Friday.  Although the activities are like "worksheets", they involve different skills like building words, coloring, cutting, graphing, gluing, and reading.   They are so versatile... you can use them in whole group, small group or as an independent activity, center activity, or even homework... you could use them for anything!

I compiled and neatened up my file of sight word activities and put it together for Teachers Pay Teachers.  I added in an assessment checklist with all of the first grade words so you can keep track of each student's progress throughout the year.  I also added a parent letter to send home and cut-apart flashcards for each week's word list.  

It's pretty much all there for you!  AND... it's on sale right now!  8 weeks of sight word activities, assessments, and flashcards for just $8.00!  :) 

Interested in grabbing it while the discount is going on?  Click the picture to check it out! 




Time to relax!  Enjoy your President's Day!


No comments