Tech Tip Tuesday!

I loved day #1 of Blog Hoppin's Teacher Week so I'm pumped about doing another! I am a huge tech-fan!  Computers, programs, and technology "stuff" has always come pretty easy to me and I love using it in the classroom.  I'm going to share some of the tech stuff that I use in my classroom and hopefully at least one of these will be new to you! :)


My first and most-favorite tech item for the classroom is.... 

HAH!  Kidding! Mine is broken, the tape player drawer is hanging off and it's covered in a thick layer of dust.  I'm totally kidding about it being my favorite item.  But, it gets the job done, right?... ;)


Like I said in my last post, I absolutely LOVE my Promethean Board and sometimes wonder how I taught without it.  It allows the kids to get so involved.  Love, love, love!  I also enjoy browsing different flipcharts on Promethean Planet



Class Dojo is a pretty neat (free) website, too.  It allows you to record their behavior right there on the screen.  You can give your student a "positive" or a "negative" and it keeps track of their points and the reasons why the earned/lost a point.  Then, you can print out reports.  I just found out that you can use your smartphone as a remote, too!  Can't wait to do that! Super cute!



I found Pics4Learning over the summer and I'm so excited about using it!  I think it'll be a great way to show my kiddos what certain things really look like... rather than just using cutesy clipart.  Don't get me wrong, I ADORE clipart... but real pics are good, too!  On a sidenote, isn't it creepy how ads pop up on your sidebars for things that you've searched for recently?  I've been searching for a bigger cage for my Tobey.. and there's a sneaky little add! So weird! 

There are a ton of other websites and techy things I use in my classroom but those are the ones I'm most excited about!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments

  1. Pics for learning looks like a cool site I could use with my class. About 1/4 of my class this year are ELL's so showing them real pics is a real plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed OUT LOUD about your cd/tape player! You're right - it gets the job done, but sometimes it's more of a thorn in my side than a help, but it works :) We are getting Promethean Boards in two months (way behind times!) & I'm so nervous about starting to use it. Any tips would be great. I'm your newest follower & would love for you to stop by sometime:)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete