M.I.A!

I'm sorry that I've been missing lately.  There was a death in my family.  It definitely flipped my little world upside down and I'm still in shock.

On a happier note, it was the first day back for teachers and, I must say, I got a lot accomplished in my room.  I'm hoping to get pictures up when it's finished.  :)

My school has a class size limit of 30.  It never fails, first grade always fills up.  We start the year out with 30, lose some students, and it fills right back up.  Our families are verrrrry "transient"... I'll lose and gain kids all year long if it was allowed.  Of course, they're allowed to leave whenever they want but we stop enrolling new students in October.  We started that two years ago and it just makes so much sense and helps the teachers a ton.

Anywho... I got my class list today.  I only have 17 KIDS!!!!  What!!! 17!  I've never had 17!  I was lucky if I had 27.  17!  I'm not going to know what to do with myself!  I'm sure that I will get a few more kids in the next couple of weeks... but 17, that's AMAZING.  I'm just shocked (and excited)!

I don't really have much else to write about... but, I promise to come back soon with some pictures or some cute classroom ideas. :)


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment

  1. 30? Seriously 30? The thought simply scares me! 17 will be a dream come true! You won't believe the difference! I've never had more than 22, but I just might this year. I'll find out my totals next week.

    ReplyDelete