Busy Weeks!

I pushed this blog aside for a while to deal with lots of "stuff".  My father-in-law passed away about 2 weeks ago.  The next weekend, my husband and I were in a wedding.  And, on top of that, I've been back to school trying to set-up my classroom.  I'll say that this has definitely been one of the hardest and most emotional times of my life.  

But, I'm back!  I went to a 3-day Capturing Kid's Hearts training last week.  It was like therapy for all of us teachers.  It just reminded me how important affirmations are and how you really need to "grow"  your classroom.  I think I forget how hard it was starting a new year as a child... especially for all of the new kiddos!  I'm going to make an effort to really build my class into a little family this year.  I feel like everything is going to be a million times easier with 18 little firsties (wayyyy better than 30!).  I'm ready to pump these kids up and make them the most confident kiddos ever! What kinds of activities do you do to build relationships and "grow" your classroom? 

I was stalking my usual blogs and happened to find this video (from Inspired By Kindergarten) that got me thinking.  Watch it if you're in need of a powerful message! 


It really helped me realize that I need to put my "golf balls" at the top of my list.  I'm always stressed about the little things and they will always be there. 

I'm so sorry this was a random, short post.  Hopefully I'll be back with some cute items or ideas for all of you!  

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments