FOMO in FULL FORCE!

I, sadly, am not in Vegas right now.  I can't stop myself from looking on Instagram and seeing all the fun everyone is having.  Not only that, I feel like I am missing out on an AMAZING learning opportunity.

I told myself NO LOOKING AT INSTAGRAM.  I didn't want to see all the fun going on....but, I have a serious case of FOMO.  I feel like, by just looking at the pics, I'm able to be part of the fun.  :)  I'm a weirdo.  It all makes me want to be in Vegas!!!!

......maybe next year!

Today I did some serious back-to-school shopping.  I'm not one of the usual teachers who hate seeing back-to-school things come out.  It makes me excited!  I.love.school.supplies.  I mayyyyyy have gone a little overboard shopping today though. :)




I like to buy certain supplies for my students for the beginning of the year.  You might call it OCD or neurotic, but I like everything to be uniform and match. :)  I always buy them one notebook (this year I'll use them for Reading), a box of crayons, and a green go-home folder.  I usually buy tons of other supplies for my students who come without anything.

I'm pretty sure I became a teacher for the school supplies (just kidding!)....but, I love getting new supplies at the beginning of the year.  I bought myself some new crates, new notebooks, new binders (I use them or sight word assessment data, fluency data, and grades), and a new STOOL.  I am SO excited for that stool.   I also LOVE new markers.  So, I got about 10 boxes of those.  HAHA!

On to some other news.....



Tobey and I have been going to the park just about every day.  He loves it.  It's his happy place. :)

I found out that I'm going to be an auntie to a little baby BOY in November!  I couldn't be happier for my sister and her husband.  I can't wait to hold, hug, love, kiss, snuggle, and spoil that little guy!




I made myself an intense list of books I'd like to read this summer.  I'd say I'm a fairly quick reader....but, my list of about 20 books might be pushing it.   I'm going to really make sure I get in my top summer reads though.  I ordered Move Your Bus by Ron Clark.  While I'm waiting for it to get shipped, I picked up The End of Molasses Classes and The Essential 55.  I'm only about 50 pages into The End of Molasses Classes and I cannot put it down.  It makes me want to be a better teacher.  I wish all teachers would read the book and follow through with what Ron Clark suggests in the book.   It is definitely a worthwhile read!

Oh, and visiting RCA is now officially on my bucket list!!


Time for more reading!  I hope you are enjoying your summer so far!

1 comment

  1. RCA is on my bucket list also! I'm ready to buy school supplies, have never bought markers, but I think they will be on my list this year! Good luck with your reading (your list sounds longer than mine!).
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete