Snow Day Productivity! {+little freebie!}

We got some pretty crazy snow Sunday into Monday - which gave us a snow day on Monday! :)

I love a good snow day.... especially when it stops snowing and you can run out and get some errands done.  That's exactly what I did!

I went to Target and got some of those alphabet conversation hearts that I've been seeing on other blogs and instagram.

Can I be honest?  I'm not that happy with them.  Just peeking into the bag, the letters are very hard to read and some of them are just plain sloppy.  Maybe they'll improve them for next year?  Or maybe I only saw the yucky ones and there are great ones in the bag?  Who knows.

Oh well, I have to find something to do with them. :) :)

Then I got home and got to work!  I printed out and laminated my new fluency cards!  :)  These cards have long e words, spelled ee/ea.  I use these as a warm-up game in Reading groups.  It gives my students lots of practice reading long e words in context.  And, what kid doesn't love a good "game"?  Click the picture if you want to check them out!




I made new fluency strips with long e words, too! Click the pic to check them out! I put these on a ring and my early finishers can grab the ring to practice reading sentences fluently! :)


And since you've stuck with me through this long {maybe a little boring} post, here is a freebie!  Use these papers to make your products and projects pretty! :)



Happy Tuesday! :)

1 comment