New Position, New Product!



I wanted to tell you a little story...

...a sad story that has a super happy ending!

THE SAD PART:
I left the classroom this year... kinda.  I still have a classroom, but not my own group of students.  You see - I knew in my heart that I'd be getting a kidney transplant (even though, at the time, I didn't have a donor).  With kidney transplant surgery and the crazy immune suppressant meds you need to be on after, I knew I'd be out for 3 months. So, instead of having my own classroom, having to create sub plans for the 3 months that I'd be out, hoping they found a sub, hoping my students grew/learned as much as they needed to - I took the opportunity to take a small group intervention/Title I position. 

...AND GOOD THING I DID. 

Turns out I ran out of FMLA time in January...but, I'm out until March.  I'm not guaranteed my exact position when I return.  Which is scary and sad.    Luckily, they did not fill my position with a sub while I was gone.  So, it makes my chances of getting my exact job back that much more secure.  Hopefully!

Bottom line... it was a huge life change after 13 years with my own family of students.

Ready for the HAPPY PART??

I DID get a kidney transplant!


I was able to have my own classroom space to teach my small groups.




I work with amazing students in grades K-4.

I was still able to create strong relationships with the students I work with.

I greet every single student from K-8 when they walk in to school because my morning post is right at the front door.

Everything is hands-on in my small groups.  I love having the students being the ones doing.  There are incredible results when you meet them at their level.

I collect SO much data....data is my favorite! Ignore how sloppy it is.  It's just my way of tracking our daily activities, jotting notes about how they performed, and tracking weekly data. 



Oh, and with these 3 months off... I've done a lot of updating and creating.  Here's one of my newest little creations.. on sale for $1 (only for a couple days).  Click the picture if you want to go take a look!



No comments