Tell Me Something Good!

We do "Tell me something good" at the beginning of our Tuesday staff meetings.  And, it never fails.. that stinkin' song is stuck in my head for the rest of the day!  The link is to the Glee version.  I looked the song up on YouTube and saw some pretty interesting videos of Chaka Khan though... :)

Anywho... I'm linking up with Jennifer from Rowdy in 1st Grade to tell you some good stuff!


My Something Good from school:
I am in L.O.V.E with my class this year (as I've probably already mentioned a ton). They are really responding well to Whole Brain Teaching.  The gestures that we used when we were learning about "good sentences" have stuck in their brains and they are ALL remembering to begin sentences with uppercase letters and end them with punctuation! Woo hoo!! Also.. they are the kindest little kiddos that I've ever had.   They are so sweet to each other and it just warms my heart every time I hear a little "please", "thank you", or "I'm sorry".  They have made me remember why I went into teaching and the little sweeties brought back my passion for teaching. 

My Something Good from home: 
My sister was diagnosed with a cancer a little over 6 months ago (obviously that's not the good thing... keep reading!!).  She had a lump in her chest that over a year ago the doctor said she shouldn't worry about.  After she lost some weight, the lump was still there.  She went back to the doctor and had tons of tests, biopsies, and doctors appointments.  They didn't know what it was at first.  Months later, they said it's a rare low-grade sarcoma.  There was talk of radiation, chemo, and/or surgery.  The doctors decided to try to remove it first.  Over the summer, she had surgery.  They removed the whole tumor, some lymph nodes, 2 ribs, and a piece of her clavicle.  The surgeon said she should still have chemo but her oncologist said she doesn't need it.  So, she went to Boston for a second opinion.  She recently found out that she doesn't need radiation or chemo!!  :-)  She has to have CAT scans every 4-6 months for 5 years.  I'm still weary to say that she is "cancer-free" but, I'm happy that she got some good news! 

Oh... and my husband and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary next week!  It's been 4 amazing years and I love him more and more each day!

Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments

  1. That's great news about your sister! Thanks for linking up
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing about your sister and your sweet little class. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still working on the pleases and thank you's, but it's coming. Wonderful news about your sister-that process can just be so scary!

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that is wonderful. I am using whole brain teaching this year too and my year has been going swimmingly I'm lovin it this year. Thanks for sharing!
    Dynelle
    http://firstgradefunmrsdunn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete