Is It Christmas Morning?!

Thank you, Heather's Heart, for being my first (and only) follower... so far!  I was a little nervous to look at my blog because I feared seeing the big "0 FOLLOWERS"... but, you made it feel like Christmas morning!  :)

Heather's blog is super cute and the first thing I saw was a "Hug your Heart" jar (which she found on Teaching Maddenness).  SO CUTE.  I have about a gazillion things on my to-do list that aren't getting done... and now I'm going to have to add one more!  There are tons of super cute ideas floating all over blogland and Pinterest and I'm dying to try all of them!  I'm really trying to tap into my creative mind to make something super cute and original for my classroom... but I'm just all out of creative juices.

On a different note, here's a little about me... just to "introduce" myself to my followers follower. :)

I've been teaching for seven years in the same charter school.  It's definitely not my first pick of places to be teaching and, at times, I don't love it.  But, then I think about all of the kids that I get to help and love and it makes my workplace not-so-bad.

I'm married to my perfect match - Dave.  We went to high school together but only really knew of each other.  During college, I ran into him again at a bar and the rest is history!  We've been married for almost 4 years.

I LOVE my dog, Tobey.  He is my world!.  He's a Shiba Inu.. which is a funny, interesting breed.  He loves to yodel and shriek (Listen.. that's not Tobey but he definitely sounds like that).  He really only makes those noises at the vet or when he's getting a bath.  Other times, he's so loving, sweet, and perfect!  I love having the summers off with him but literally cry when I have to go back to work in August (hah, imagine how I'll be when I have kids!).

Time to get ready for a big day! I'm heading out to Lakeshore Learning today and I'm OVERLY overwhelmed.  It feels like it's been an eternity since I've been in my classroom and I'm just not sure what I need.  I'll probably walk out of there spending $200 (that I don't have) on things that I don't need.  

Thanks for reading!  Tomorrow I'll show you what I got from Lakeshore!  :)


5 comments

  1. Found your blog through the TPT forum and thought I'd check it out! I, too was a Miss D before I got married.. my last name was ridiculous so I had to shorten ;) Your dog looks like a real sweetie.. I have three and I feel the same way about leaving them soon.. SO SAD! You should check them out on my first entry..
    Mrs. Kelly's Klass

    So happy to be a follower of you blog.. Mine is new, too! :)

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! You have 3 followers now! Wahoo!

    Lakeshore is a dangerous place. I get $150 for ESL items every year and most of it goes there! =)

    I know you will have great things to share.

    Tobey is adorable. I miss my kitty and bunny when I go back to school.

    If you ever need any help, just ask.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on starting a blog. I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy the experience. I'm also a first grade teacher and always excited to find new first grade blogs. I'm a dog lover and love the picture of your dog! I just got back from Staples collecting new things for the new school year. I have a list for Lakeshore. Best wishes on this new venture.

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you on starting a blog and TPT store :) I started mine in January and am still learning. I just learned about the TPT forum today actually, oops, should have figured that out sooner! Well I teach 2nd grade so maybe we can share ideas! Come follow me :)


    Wishful Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following me! I'm stalking (and following) your blogs right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete