Currently!

I'm ALWAYS late to the Currently party!  This month is no different. :)

Fonts by: KG Fonts

Listening:  I don't really WATCH TV much lately (unless it's Real Housewives, Teen Mom, or Big Brother...!)...it just usually plays in the background.  I'm re-playing last night's episode of So You Think You Can Dance.  LOVE that show...but come on, I can't really attend to it for a straight 2 hours.   I'm a busy girl!

Loving:  I'll be super honest.  This is the first year that I really took advantage of the B2S sale.  I usually purchase things here and there...but, this year, I emptied out my wishlist and spent more than I wanted to!

My F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E purchase?   A Modern Teacher's Editable Teacher Planner.  AHHH heaven.

More honesty... I am HORRIBLE at using planners.  I am HORRIBLE at making and using lists.  I'm pretty organized (which is shocking...) but, this school year, I'm really going to use planners to help me stay SUPER organized. 

Thinking:  Like most teachers during this time of year, I cannot get school off my brain.  I'm non-stop thinking anything and everything school.

Wanting:  Ice cream.  I could eat it every.single.day.  I always loved it, but just not as much as I do lately.  MMMMM.... ice cream.....

Needing:  I am EXHAUSTED today.  We started back yesterday for 2 weeks of PDs.  I've been with the same school for 10 years and I have attended some of the same PDs each and every year.  It's HORRIBLE.   Sitting for 5-6 hours (especially through something not-so-interesting) is tiring. It made me feeeeel for our poor students!  I am on a mission to make everything as exciting and AMPED up for my students as I can!

B2S RAK:  I really need to step up my RAK game this year.  I used to bring in cupcakes and do a little goodie bag for some holidays.  I think I just got too busy trying to do everything else. But, it sure feels good for someone to go out of their way to make you feel special, right?  

I'm going show my appreciation for my co-workers by writing more Shark Stars.  We have a shark that holds little thank you/affirmations that staff members can write to other staff members (for anything...just because or for a specific reason).  On Fridays, one note is pulled and the person who receives the "Shark Star" gets a prize.  So, I'll definitely do that more often to really let my peers know how much I appreciate them.  I'm also going to try to bring in more little treats - just because. :)

It's 7:30 pm..... is it too early for me to go to bed?? ;) 

Go link up with Farley!

6 comments

  1. Two weeks of PD!! That is crazy! Especially if it repeat for you! Hope you can be productive in other ways during the meetings! ;)
    Katie
    Inquiring Our Way Through Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so ridiculous! I usually daydream or make lists of things I have to do before the first day! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I purchased an Erin Condren Planner (2nd year) and I haven't use it yet! I LOVE planners, although I always start strong, I kinda stop around spring break.

    Have a great school year!
    Janice
    www.prekpartner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I'm jealous! I have always wanted an Erin Condren Planner!!! Hopefully you finish strong and use your planner through the whole school year! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. wow, I've never even heard of a modern teacher before and I'm all over tpt! Looks like a crazy cool binder! you should take some pics if you print any pages off!

    -Jessica
    The Whimsical Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! I started editing some of the pages and OF COURSE ran out of ink! I'll post about it when I get mine all edited, printed, and set-up though! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete